Thursday, February 24, 2011

My "new" furniture

Oh hi there, blog! Sorry for being so neglectful lately- I had a couple of weeks without internet at the apartment, and now that I'm not a grad student anymore I can't spend time at work posting pictures of furniture to my blog. So onwards to the furniture- I needed some, and I just couldn't bring myself to make yet another trip to Ikea. Inexpensive tea lights and tasty meatballs be damned, I've become something of a hater. However, I couldn't bring myself to spend thousands of dollars at a proper furniture store either, and the few cheap ones I found also sell items that require assembly. Do I make my own sandwich at the deli? No. When I spend money, I want the finished product. I lucked out and saw an ad for a sofa and a refrigerator on the bulletin at work, so I hired a man with a van and snapped those goodies up. Those were the only essentials, so I had a little more time and thought to put into items. I asked around at work on where to buy inexpensive furniture that isn't Ikea, and a coworker recommended a shop called Furniture Revisited. It was perfect! I feel like I won the used furniture lottery. My main goal was to find a dining table and chairs, ideally one that sat four but could be expanded to fit six, and they had exactly such a set in the shop. I told the owner that I would buy them, and since it was a fairly substantial item, I bargained down the price of a couple more items I was interested in, namely, a cute coffee table with a tiled top and The Most Awesome Chair in the World (which was the only brand new item I bought). Best of all, Dieter the shopkeeper delivered it all the next day for $25. Behold my furnishings!





Am I really becoming the type of person who gets excited about furniture? Yikes. Whatever, I still love that chair.

6 comments:

S said...

Love that chair!

Suldog said...

That's excellent furniture. Looks all comfy and inviting.

nad said...

Uh Oh. "Proper furniture?" If you start dropping "cheers," and "mate" into your posts I'll know you're never coming back.

Stacey said...

I LOVE that chair, too. And don't worry - I get excited about furniture these days, too. :)

Eri said...

I love it all. Nice work! So glad you went back for that coffee table. Now for a new TV stand (hint).

carmen said...

fun!