Monday, March 21, 2011

Adventures in Strange Fruit: the kiwiberry

I spotted these little guys at the grocery store and just had to give them a try. Mini kiwis! They don't have a furry skin so no need to peel, you can just eat them like grapes. Plus, maybe they don't share a trait with their full-sized, furry relatives: kiwis make me fart. There, I said it. I mean, what is a blog if not a portal through which to share details about your bodily functions with the entire internet?
And the verdict is...kiwiberries taste just like regular kiwis, and the inside looks just like a big kiwi, only smaller. And now 100% fart free!

1 comment:

Matty said...

I love kiwi but hate the process of peeling. How do I get some of these? I seriously doubt shaw's has them.

Don't worry about the farts, you're just balancing out your yin and yang of the kiwi world.