Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Green* things I'm into lately


1. I started using a new face wash and I love it! I had been using Cetaphil for a long, long time but was never exactly thrilled with it. Yes, it's gentle, but for a greaseball like me, perhaps too gentle. I never really felt like it was cleaning my skin, probably because it doesn't foam up so you don't get that soapy clean effect. However, harsher products I've tried make my face all red and blotchy. A few weeks ago, I noticed a new (to me) Neutrogena product on the drugstore shelf: Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser. Terrible name-Acne Wash? Couldn't they have gone with Clarifying Wash or For Problem Skin? Euphemisms do have their place- there's a reason why we call it Diet Coke and not Obesity Coke. And it also kind of sounds like it's made of acne, a la aloe lotion, which is just gross. Anyways, stupid name aside, the Redness Soothing bit of it caught my eye and I decided to give it a shot. And it's great- after using it, my skin feels clean and smooth and not irritated at all!

2. Brussel sprouts. They are delicious! Who knew? All this time I thought they were chalky and gross, like lima beans, the infamous ruiner of vegetable medleys. Boy, was I wrong! Toss them in olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and roast in the oven, and prepare to be amazed. Here's an easy recipe, and if you want to get fancy, you could add some crushed red pepper and balsamic vinaigrette.

*in terms of color, not environmental impact.

2 comments:

Eri said...

I too have been surprised by brussel sprouts. Bring 'em on!

Stacey said...

I am eating brussel sprouts right now! Right on. :)