Monday, January 10, 2011

What's cooking

One of my goals this year is to start cooking more, mostly because then I'll have leftovers to take to work and won't have to buy sad hospital cafeteria food for lunch. Here are a couple of dishes I made last week:

1. Paella with Chorizo and Shrimp. It's sort of a cheater's paella, without any chicken or mussels but it was really easy to make and really, really good. I added in half a can of diced tomatoes and some frozen peas to up the veggie quotient, and only used one onion. Can I say that chorizo and I are in love and running away together? Don't tell anyone. It did have a fair amount of kick to it, so you wusses might want to cut down on the cayenne pepper.

2. The Barefoot Contessa's Real Meatballs and Spaghetti. Ina Garten strikes again! For this one, I didn't use veal, because tortured baby cows and all, so I subbed it with extra ground pork. It was fun making the meatballs but the recipe made way more than I anticipated. Not that I'm complaining- I had a meatball sub for lunch the next day and I froze the rest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will totally try that paella. Did you get our package?