Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Song of the Day: a two-fer!

So I'm officially in Freak Out mode as I prepare for my upcoming move to the other side of the world. Bags to back, boxes to store, minivan to sell, people to see, grant proposals to finish...eek!

So how about some nice peppy music to get me (and you) motivated on a Friday morning?

A couple of people have asked me if I've heard Vampire Weekend's new album, Contra, yet. The answer is no, I don't have the album yet but I've heard a few tracks and I like them. They certainly get bonus points for the album's title- a nod to The Clash's Sandinista!- even though it carries unintended weight for people who happened to have lived in Nicaragua.

Vampire Weekend- Cousins
The Clash- Police on my Back

FYIF, everybody! Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you this weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"....Bags to back, "

New version of Baby Got Back (as done in Gilbert & Sullivan style!)?

;-)

Suldog said...

Fun stuff. I'd never heard of Vampire Weekend before, but I like that cut a lot.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.