Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fort Revere in Hull

Last week, my friends Buddah and Molly were visiting and we decided to take a little jaunt out of the city and drove to Hull- it's a little stick of land that curls up into the harbor, and I've always wanted to go check it out. During our exploration of the town, we noticed a tower on top of a hill and climbed up to investigate. We ended up cutting through a cemetary to get there, which is where we spotted The Best Epitaph Ever. When we reached the top of the hill, we discovered a huge old abandoned fort- Fort Revere. Set into the top of the hillside, the old fort is full of cement bunkers and brick cavernous rooms, all thoroughly tagged by spraypainters. During the day it was a slightly eerie, but fun to climb around and rooms. At night, however, it would be downright terrifying. It looks like the sort of place where high school kids go to drink....only to get attacked by zombies.
Here are some pics:









A word to the wise: when posing for a picture on a graffiti-laden wall, be careful where you sit. You might end up giving people the wrong idea.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm sure someecards.com has some card saying "Sorry you have herpes" or something like that, but I don't have time to hunt it down. So I'll say it here - Sorry you have herpes. But since you work in biomedical science, I'm sure you can self-treat that.

eileen said...

Kev- I figured you would enjoy that one.

carmen said...

oh my geez. hilarious