Friday, May 08, 2009

My Song Is Better Than Your Song

I don't listen to the radio all that much, but I do occasionally tune into WFNX's morning show, The Sandbox. One of the bits they do is a competition called My Song Is Better Than Your Song, in which two participants each pick a song and give a brief description of why they chose it and what makes it special, and people call and email in to vote on which song is better. I have great confidence in my ability to pick kick-ass songs and have signed up for the contest, but in the meantime I'll post one of my favorite songs every Friday here on DCoE. It's a win-win... you get a free song and since no one's competing against me I win every week.

Song of the day:

Paranoid Android by Radiohead.

One of my favorite tunes from a great band...I have a soft spot for songs with tempo changes (my friend Teri calls them explosion songs) and Paranoid Android does this several times, vacillating between soft and slow Radiohead and guitars out rockin' Radiohead.

No comments: