Sunday, August 30, 2009

Van envy


For the past few years, I've been a secret admirer of a particular vehicle. It's a bright orange old VW van. It has curtains and a sink. I covet it. I don't know who owns it (someone awesome, presumably), but I often see it parked near my work and when I lived in South Boston, I would also see it in that neighborhood. So it's clearly driven by someone who frequents the same areas of the city that I do. A couple of times it's driven past me as I've been out running and I've tried to catch a glimpse of the driver, to no avail. Although I'm curious, I kind of like the fact that the van maintains an air of mystery. Silly as it seems, whenever I see the van I consider it a good omen, a sign that I'm going to have a great day. Today I parked right behind it! Oooh, a lucky day indeed.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Um, don't you think it's someone sketchy who owns that van?

Maybe it's old Shaggy from Scooby Doo?

eileen said...

That's another reason why I don't want to find out who owns it...I mean, if it's a creepy old man who smells like cat pee, I'd rather just not know.

I'd prefer to go on believing that it's the Mystery Machine incarnate.