Many years ago in Australia, a teenage D collected records. I recently had the good fortune to peruse this gem of collection, which is essentially a treasure trove of 1980s nostalgia and hilarity. Here are photos we took of my ten favorites:
10. My sister Kerry had this on cassette and it ruled.
9. You know, I still dig Huey Lewis.
8. Bette Midler and the cure on the same album? Throbbin'!
7. Some music from this decade did age well.
6. Others, not so much. And now I have "Shake Your Love" stuck in my head.
5. D claims that Wham and Debbie Gibson belonged to his sister...
4. But he fully admits to purchasing the Dream a Little Dream soundtrack.
3. And now for something gayer than Wham- the English techno group Man to Man performing their club classic "Male Stripper." I love the cover art on this one...what goes well with shirtless men smoking? I know! The Leaning Tower of Pisa!
2. The first time was a great time, the second time was a blast...
#1. U Can't Touch This.