Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Report

Friday- Caro's sister and nephew arrived from Colombia so she and I picked them up at the airport. Her sister picked me up when I went to Medellin about a year and a half ago, so I guess I was returning the favor. We enjoyed some wine, snacks, and conversation for a while, and then I went home and stayed up until two in the morning watching Lost. I just started watching the DVDs last week and I'm completely addicted.

Saturday- I got my haircut (see post below) at a new place for me, Anita Kurl in the South End. My former hairdresser went to a fancy salon that was way out of my price range, so I decided to try a new (to me) place that was recommended by a friend from work. I liked it- decent prices, friendly staff, and the haircut came out well. Plus, the location is convenient in that it's close to both the lab and my apartment. After that, I continued my self-pampering and bought a pair of shoes that I couldn't afford at Nine West. Time to put the credit cards back in the freezer. I did a little lab work and then headed over to my friend JR's for our fantasy baseball draft. I've played fantasy football and basketball, but had never participated in a live draft before. It was a lot of fun but way dorkier than I imagined- basically, it's a bunch of people sitting around on their laptops, drinking beer and trash talking. After that, back to the apartment for more Lost.

Sunday- I hung out with the family for Easter- church in Framingham, then off to central Mass. for lunch at my aunt and uncle's house. By the time I got back to Boston, it was pretty late, so I just watched more Lost. Um, as for book club, I'm only about 20 pages from the finish, so expect the final post within a day or two.

5 comments:

carmen said...

i am cracking up at the fantasy party photo. hysterical. glad to hear that you have jumped on the lost bandwagon. jason and i are fanatics!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally enjoying your birthday present, 5 months late.

jay said...

you're finally on the LOST wagon!!! I'm not one of those crazy people who spend all their time on message boards, but pretty close to it..

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the crazy train of Lost Fanatics. I too am also on that train. It does sucks you in. I play the online games connected to the series. That's just how obsessed I am... And crazy.

eileen said...

Seriously, it's so addictive! I watched two more episodes last night.