Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spinach pie, my oh my



Now that I've settled into my new digs, I've been on a cooking kick as of late. I decided to try this spinach pie recipe from the barefoot contessa, and I was highly pleased with the results. It was easy to make (um, except I forgot to thaw the frozen spinach and phyllo dough in advance) and tasted like a traditional Greek spanakopita, only spinachier*. I really liked it and would definitely make it again- it would be a great dish to bring to a party as well, because it's easy to transport and can be served at room temperature.

* not an actual word.

4 comments:

Suldog said...

I don't know. "Pie" and "Spinach" don't go together in my mind. Pie should be gooey and sweet :-)

Oh, what the hell. I enjoy certain meat pies, so I guess vegetables can have a pass...

eileen said...

Depsite the name, I'd classify it as a casserole-type dish. Pie is for dessert!

S said...

That looks delicious and I'm not a huge spinach fan. The salad looks yum too!

Stark Radio said...

It looks so good, I just made one! I used a pie plate as I didn't have a rectangular baking dish that would suit.

Can't wait to eat it! Nice and simple, and don't have to fold all those little triangles.

Thanks for posting this. I stumbled here.