Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here's one for all the frustrated scientists

From The Onion: Scientists Find Jack Shit

My favorite section of the article:

When a study's results are inconclusive, a research team often asks for more time and money to finish. Such is not the case with the Johns Hopkins project.
"No. No fucking way," Ingels said. "I don't know about Dr. Chen, but I know that Dr. [Kerri] Bruce, who has been a real trouper through all of this, is quitting science to start a catfish farm in Louisiana. Me, I have a long date with my bed and cable TV. I may still do something in science, but if I do, it'll probably be something easy, like re linking cigarette smoking with lung cancer, just to get my confidence back up. It's too early to say. I'll have a better idea after a month of watching the Game Show Network and eating raspberry danishes."

Sometimes I know how they feel.

No comments: