Monday, March 12, 2007

Links!

My friends Kevin and Karen are still traveling around the globe. They have amazing pictures posted from Easter Island and Antarctica posted on their blog. OMG, you guys, penguins!

The Fug Girls are still making me laugh, hard. Lindsay Lohan's tribute to Poison frontman Bret Michaels? Genius!

March Madness has begun. Here's a printable bracket from ESPN.com. I'm one of the few people who much prefer the NBA to college basketball, but I do like to bet. Out of school loyalty, I will be cheering for Notre Dame, although, to be honest, I've never been a huge fan of their program or style of play (at least now I won't be forced to listen to my ND fans rave about Chris Thomas. I couldn't STAND him as a player.) Or Mike Brey's love for mock turtlenecks. Upon first glance, I seriously thought this was a picture of Jerry Seinfeld, circa 1996. Last year, I won two of the three pools I entered, but I doubt I will get so lucky again. Also, for those of you who used to read the Daily Quickie, author Dan Shanoff has been running a quickie-style sports blog ever since he left ESPN.com last year.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Eileen, since my internet connections are always slow and since I know you love the 80s, I have a request for you. You have to find the old New England Aquarium commercial that says "I can walk like a penguin" and put it on your blog. Karen wasn´t impressed by my penguin walking impressions, having never seen that commercial as a youngin´. Btw, penguins are the new black with "March of the Penguins" and "Happy Feet" winning Oscars both of the last 2 years. I hear there´s a new movie coming out this year about surfing penguins so we´ll have to check that one out too.