- Celtics win again! 108-102. Let's just pretend that scary Lakers comeback never happened, mmmkay? Way to go, Leon Powe! I've liked his play all season long, and he really had a breakout performance last night. Paul Pierce looked great, too. Oh, and Curt Shilling agrees- Kobe's a jerkface.
- Phil Jackson possesses a talent that I've always envied- the ability to stick a couple of fingers in your mouth and produce an ear-piercing whistle. Here's a nice little article on Jackson's whistle.
- Hillary Clinton drops out. Here's the text of her concession speech, in which she thanks her supporters and throws her full support behind Barack Obama. I been fairly mum on politics lately, mostly because the democratic infighting left a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm glad that everything is settled and that Hillary made a graceful exit. Now, let's go Obama!
- I had a busy weekend- bridal shower, lab work, crawfish boil, soccer, sushi, and Celtics. Oh, and it's currently 1000 degrees in Boston.
- Perhaps the most significant discovery of the weekend was learning that Whole Foods sells Snickerdoodle flavored soy ice cream. And it's delicious! Since I'm lactose intolerant and allergic to chocolate, the dessert category is almost completely eliminated, so it's nice to find a new one.
- Lastly, the New York Times covers the microeconomy established around the Chinatown to Chinatown discount bus lines. Fung Wah 4 Life!
Monday, June 09, 2008
So much to post, so little time.