Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Report

Friday- Went out for a beer after work, which turned into several beers on an empty stomach, which resulted in me A. stopping by the workplace of a guy I have a crush on (he wasn't there, thank goodness), B. befriending some African man on the T and giving him my phone number after professing my love for Zindine Zidane, and C. getting completely lost in Jamaica Plain and showing up two hours late to the cookout I was going to. All in all, a pretty typical evening.

Saturday- I went down to Rhode Island to visit my friend Colann. She picked me up at the train station and we ended up going to a scooter rally. What's a scooter rally, you ask? Well, it's like a bike rally, with Vespas instead of Harleys. I had no idea of the extent of the scooter underworld until we arrived on the scene: hundreds of people (mostly tattooed punk types), camped out in a field, all with scooters. Colann participated in one event, in which a one person sits in a plastic sled attached to a scooter with a rope, and whomever gets pulled the farthest wins. Here are some pictures:


In case you're wondering what's going on in this one, yes, that is Colann and I sitting in a tractor in front of a large bonfire. Later on, we attempted to take the tractor for a joyride, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the battery was dead.

Sunday- My wanton ways finally caught up to me and I woke up with a nasty cold- sneezing, coughing, and cloudy-headed. I went back to Boston and lounged around in front of the air conditioner, loading up on Vitamin C. Boooo.

No comments: