Favorite Movies of 2006:
- The Departed. Not just because I'm from Boston, this movie kicks ass. Killer soundtrack, too- I loved the opening scene with "Gimme Shelter" and the Dropkick Murphy's I'm Shipping Up To Boston made my heart pound. For those of you who attend my annual St. Patrick's Day party, prepare to hear it about a thousand times that day. I'm crossing my fingers that Mark Walberg, whose performance was entirely believable, subtle, and hilarious, gets the Best Supporting Actor nomination over of Jack Nicholson.
- Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. Brilliant, shocking, and so f%^ing funny. Just thinking about the naked scene makes me cringe and laugh simultaneously.
- Volver. A well-crafted story from a master storyteller. Spain's legendary director Pedro Almovodar at his finest.
- Casino Royale. Daniel Craig breathes new life into the Bond franchise.
Favorite Music of 2006:
- Two enjoyable bands that I discovered last year: Band of Horses and Scissor Sisters
- New album by and old favorite: We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions, by Bruce Springsteen
Men I wanted to bang in 2006 (because, yes, women are pigs, too):
1. Daniel Craig
2. Zinedine Zidane
3. Roger Federer
4. Clive Owen