Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any good pictures of the races but Kerry took one on my phone of me enjoying a mint julep. Those motherfuckers pack a punch. I renamed the drink "the bourbon mojito" but I don't think it will catch on.
Saturday- Kerry invited me out to dinner with her and "some ladies." I accepted, although I was intrigued by her use of the relatively formal term "ladies." As it turns out, our dinner companions were indeed ladies- three Southern women in their 70s, driving a Town Car. They turned out to be highly entertaining, and we had a delicious dinner at Amici and then cruised around in the Town Car, checking out gorgeous home in "largest contiguous collection of Victorian Homes in the United States." (Who knew?) Not my typical Saturday evening entertainment, but fun, nonetheless.
Sunday- More grading, and I'm off to dinner at a brewpub with Kerry's gang of married male teachers.
And in case you haven't had enough of them yet, more quotes from the AP Bio exam:
- Other organisms, such as spiders, have senses which we do not possess. They have the ability to sense when they are being watched.
- Before the localization of sensory organs, animals possessed randomly strewn organs around their bodies.
- The first phyla noted for their cephalization are the mollusks, most notably squid, octopus, and cuddlefish.
- As it is really challenging to walk on two feet, men and women needed a nervous system because they were falling all over the place.
- Cephalization came after the anus was created and made animals move on to bigger and better things.
and my all-time favorite....
- Cephalization started with the formation of the hollow nerd cord.