Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008, and still no flying cars.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I returned today from a relaxing 5 day stay in the Berkshires. Good friends, good food, a fireplace, a lot of booze, a couple of snowstorms, and no plans whatsoever...it was great. For New Year's Eve, we hosted a little party with some friends from NYC who had rented a house up the road from ours. 2007 went out with a bang- lots of champagne and fireworks, followed up by a couple ill-conceived glasses of port consumed by yours truly. 2008 came in with a whimper: I spent the entire day in my pajamas eating nachos and watching a America's Next Top Model marathon. Whatever, don't judge.

I suppose I should pull together some sort of sweeping, insightful end-of-the-year post, but I don't have the energy at the moment, so here are some photos instead, including one creepy new year's moustache:








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats one aggressive mustache. You guys looks very well dressed... i like the contrast of the gap sweatshirt on SarahBurke.

Anonymous said...

I apparently cannot read.

eileen said...

Don't worry, Liz. I get the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Gap mixed up all the time.

Anonymous said...

5 days? Didn't your sister and her new fiance come out to visit you?

eileen said...

Well, maybe they should have told me that they were planning to get engaged right before Christmas!

By the way, you spoke to me at the gym today. Ew.