Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Report


Friday- Watched the Celtics defeat Philadelphia with my friend Jen. The game was pretty close until the C's blew it open during the 4th quarter. All the tickets I have are for weeknight games, so it was fun to go on a Friday- the crowd was extra wild (read: drunk).

Saturday- It was Lisa's 30th birthday, so a group of us went out for dinner at Ole to celebrate. The restaurant itself is very lively, and the margaritas and guacamole were delicious. I had the enchiladas, and they were okay, but my quest for a great Mexican restaurant in Boston will continue. I liked Ole, but after reading so many rave reviews, maybe my expectations were set too high. I absolutely love Mexican food, but unfortunately, it seems the one cuisine that Boston does not do well. I prefer the Aztec in downtown Framingham or Acapulco's in one of its suburban locations to anything I've had in downtown Boston. If you have a suggestion for good Mexican in/near the city, let me know!
So, back to Lisa's birthday...I am currently obsessed with the "retro" setting on my new camera and took a series of portraits.

Birthday girl:





Birthday entourage:









We finished the night at the Playwright, and I had a great time catching up with friends and welcoming Lisa to Club 30.

Sunday- Are you ready for some football? (I miss the old NFL intro.) Well, I was. We drank, we ate, we watched the first game, we drank more, we ate more, we watched the second game, we stayed up until 2AM playing trivial pursuit. Here is some commentary about the games:

-Go PATS! The game wasn't their best or most exciting performance, but they got the job done. Kudos to Maroney for a great running game. I don't even want to say anything about the Superbowl for fear of jinxing them, but I'm looking forward to it.

-Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees has the funniest name in professional sports.

-I really wish the Packers had won, just for the fact that Brady vs. Favre is basically any female NFL fan's dream match-up. Now we're going to be stuck looking at Eli, Peyton, and Archie for the next two weeks.

-Eli has picked up his brother's most annoying habit. Whenever a receiver fails to make a catch (even if it's a poorly thrown pass), he acts like a total baby- glares, rolls his eyes, flings his hands up in frustration. Way to support your teammates, idiot. Would Tom ever act like that towards Randy? No, he'd be like "That's okay, Randy, I'll just throw you a touchdown pass on the next play. Want to grab some food after the game or something?"

- You'd think someone would have made Giants coach Tom Coughlin put on a ski mask or something. Did you SEE how red his face was? "I'm glad my team is going to the Superbowl, but I'm not going to be able to coach the game because my fucking face froze off and fell on the ground somewhere outside of Lambeau Field."

4 comments:

Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

I heard (on the Weather channel, of all places) that the Giants coach had put Vaseline on his face to fight the cold. Um, what? When in GB, dress like the locals do.

eileen said...

Um, weird. And ineffective.

To Be Announced said...

I was just writing my own football recap post and took a break to read some blogs. Everything you mentioned was in mine too! Great minds... :)

Anonymous said...

Eileen, you're looking pretty hot in retro