Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Report


Friday- Went to a Wii party with some grad school friends. I've played once before, and even though I'm not that into video games (Tetris and Super Mario Bros. are the only ones I ever really liked. Oh, and Oregon Trail rocked pretty hard, but don't know if that can be classified as a video game.), I did enjoy it. We played bowling, tennis, and boxing, but for me, creating the Miis was the most fun. We each made our own look alike, and one group of labmates made one that looked like their P.I. (um, that's Prinicipal Investigator, or "boss," to those of you outside of academia.) After the Wii olympics, I met some friends at the Franklin Cafe for drinks. I tried a hot toddy for the first time, and it was vile- essentially, a hot toddy is a cup of warm whiskey with a squirt if lemon juice. Consider yourself warned.

Saturday- Worked for a while, then looked a bunch of possible venues for my sister's wedding. I saw one in Quincy, one in Dorchester, one in East Boston, and one downtown, and none of them were any good. So, if anyone has recommendations for an affordable reception venue in the Boston area that can hold 180 people, let me know!

Now, let me tell you about the highlight of the day....it's sort of a long, boring story involving hours of the Virtual Waiting Room and a few panicked phone calls, but with a happy ending. (um, not that kind of happy ending.) I have tickets to Opening Day at Fenway Park! Sure, they're standing room only, but I've never been to opening day before, and this one's complete with a World Series championship ring ceremony. So, yes, I'm very excited. Special thanks (and two tickets) go to Timm, who spent hours at his computer logged in as me while I was busy looking at potential wedding venues and playing soccer.

Sunday- Sleep, running, work, squalls, blah. Headed to trivia tonight, so that should be fun. Oh, for those of you in Boston...what the hell is up with the weather? These squalls are downright apocalyptic.
UPDATE: Group Wii photo is up... see if you can pick me out of the lineup. If you click on the picture, it will enlarge.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to brag (though you know I really am), but the weather in SF was amazing today. There was a long line right outside the ice cream place--a sign that winter is over and summer is here. I don't believe in Spring. =)

To Be Announced said...

I'm going to Opening Day, too!! :)

eileen said...

Caity- that's awesome!

Tina- Ugh, yesterday morning it was sunny and in the 50s, by last night, it was 10 degrees out, icy, and with gale force winds. So, do you miss Boston at all? Oh, and the P.I. we made was Ann.

carmen said...

i can't figure out which one you are!

eileen said...

I'm wearing light blue...and I should have made my hair longer and blonder.

Kevin said...

I went for one of the two on the top left (I couldn't decide between the two of them).

Anonymous said...

Haha. I found Ann!! Funny.
Do I miss Boston? Did you not read my comment? I in absolutely love with the 'sisco.

eileen said...

Tina, I was being sarcastic. I forget that it doesn't really come across in writing. Kev, one of the characters you thought was me (I? but that sounds so awkward!) is a transgenic mouse.