Here is a list of things that I wrongly believed to be true, for longer than I care to admit.
1. A Blind Drive sign means that a blind person lives in the house. (C'mon, who didn't think that?)
2. Avacados are the eggs of iguanas.
3. Jack Nicholson and Jack Nicklaus are the same person, an actor who is also very good at golf. Remember when Jack Nicholson smashed in a guy's car window with a golf club? Exactly.
4. Kurt Warner is black.
5. Sigur Ros is a rapper.
6. In baseball, it's not a strike unless you actually swing and miss.
7. In my most infamous misconception, I thought that Rob Lowe had played the older brother on the sitcome Mr. Belvedere. So convinced was I that, freshman year of college, I made a wager with my entire dorm section. We consulted TV Guide and found a cable station that still showed Mr. Belvedere, but only once a month. As the day approached, I squashed any inklings that I may in fact be incorrect. I was adamant- it was Rob Lowe! They would all see! The day came, and a large crowd gathered around the TV in the dorm common room. The opening credits rolled.....and there he was...Rob Stone.