Monday, April 06, 2009

The Most Productive Weekend Ever

This weekend, I made no plans and decided to complete a whole bunch of tasks and errands I had been putting off for weeks:
Cleaned my apartment, mopped the floors, did laundry, brought clothes to the dry cleaner, bought new running shoes, did my taxes, paid bills, made a beef stew, picked up a used copy of The Big Sleep for book club, went running, mailed a couple of packages, filled my tank with gas and put air in my tires (I am trying to overcome my fear of a tire exploding and killing me). Impressive, but pretty darn boring in hindsight.

I did watch the final four- I much prefer the NBA to college ball but the Michigan State vs. UConn game was worth watching. I wish college basketball commentators would stop using the word "penetrate." I actually heard Digger Phelps use the phrase "dry penetration" during a broadcast. It was rather unsettling.

Yesterday was the first nice day of the year, and I got to do one of my favorite favorite things. I absolutely love driving around on a sunny day with the car windows rolled down and a Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee in my hand.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We were laughing about that too... "penetrate the hole", "great penetration". We're 9 years old and lovin' it!