Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Countdown to Colombia

Busy times...I haven't finished Christmas shopping yet, barely started the cards, and I just realized that I leave for Colombia in exactly one week. I'm going for two weeks and will be traveling around with my friend Carolina. Colombia is much safer than it used to be, but it's still not the best idea for foreigners to travel there alone. We'll spend some time in her home city of Medellin, visit her family's farm, and then fly out to the Pacific where her brother owns an eco-resort. Check out the website- looks pretty awesome, huh?

I will do my best to post pictures and updates, but the area in the Pacific we're headed to is very remote- no electricity, no phones, no internet.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Eileen, have a great trip to Colombia. I don't think we'll make it there on this trip, but maybe someday in the future.