Tuesday, April 01, 2008

You guys are never going to believe this!

The warm weather inspired to walk over to Copley to buy lunch today, and I was craving a burger, so I went to B. Good. I was staring at the menu board when someone asked me if I had eaten there before. The voice sounded oddly familiar, and I turned and found myself face to face with Ryan Seacrest. (Heaven forbid I run into Tom Brady or KG...right?) Anyways, of course I couldn't help but ask "Aren't you...? and he just smiled and said "Yes." I then went on to tell him that I had eaten there a bunch of times and rambled on about the various sandwiches I had tried and the fries and whatnot. Turns out he was really friendly and nice and is in town filming a commercial. We chatted for a bit longer, and he asked about fun places to go out in Boston, and I was all "Murphy's Law in Southie is AWESOME!" (Just kidding. I recommended the Beehive.) Then, the kicker...he didn't have any plans for this evening and asked me if I'd want to meet up with him for drinks. So yes, instead of pretending to go to the gym but actually going home to lie on the couch to watch Lost and drink a bottle of wine with my roommate, tonight, I'll be hitting the town with Ryan Seacrest. Don't worry, I'll definitely bring my camera.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I know why your lunch took so long...good luck this evening

Caro

Tom said...

Wow. LAAAAAME, anon. Did you check the date on this post? Mmm?

Tom said...

Also, kudos, Eileen - and, this is totally going to screw with people who see it pop up in their RSS feeds later in the week.

Sarah said...

DAMN IT! I totally fell for that. . .

eileen said...

Well, I was going to wait a while to say this, but it looks like Tom figured out the joke, so here goes.....

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Suckers.

Anonymous said...

So now, explain why your lunch took so long. Also, Seacrest is live tonight on American Idol!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome!

Kris said...

SON OF A... It's already April 2 over here, so I was totally out of the recognizing-joke mentality. You got me.

jay said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW i fell for it!!!! and i was ready to hop in the car and come down for some drinks with seacrest!!! damn you and your tomfoolerly!

Anonymous said...

you totally got me!!!! i should have known better when you said he was totally nice and that he was showing interest in a girl, huh?

Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

Got me too! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Dang it...you got me. I was like "WHAAAA???!!" Nice.

Anonymous said...

(i have to admit it but i fell for it too) my first thought was, aren't you taller than him?? i raise my fist at you!!

Anonymous said...

You know he's gay, right?

That was a dead giveaway...

Anonymous said...

Good one! I just sent it to Jen. I don't think she'll know to look at the comments and reallize it is a joke. So be prepared to receive a frantic phone call.

Anonymous said...

It sucks when you get April fooled on April 2nd....I'm boycotting this blog!

eileen said...

I love that so many people fell for my little prank! I guess Ryan Seacrest was just ridiculous enough to almost be believed. If I had said Clive Owen, you would have all known it was a big, fat lie.

carmen said...

you had me going till you said you were going out for drinks and didn't mention of inviting anyone. then i realized what day it was. GOOD ONE EILEENO!!

Anonymous said...

Seacrest...OUT

Mrs. V said...

I fell for this for about a couple of minutes. I pulled back in my chair, starting to get excited, mouth open, lungs filled with air, eyes wide open, arms in the air. I was thinking this had to be the most amazing event ever in your life and I was thinking you needed to make this post a little bit more impressive and dramatic. I paused and thought, "Wait, what is the date of this post?" (today is April 4th, I'm a bit slow in reading my blogs). "Noooooooooooo April 1st? Noooo, it's not a true story! Eileen, you A-- H---!!!"
So, me, too...another one fell for it totally. Damn