I saw this on Brigita's site and thought I'd try it out for myself.
Here's how it goes:
A.) Go to musicoutfitters.com.
B.) Enter the year you graduated from high school in the search function and get the list of 100 most popular songs of that year. (I stopped at 25 because I didn't remember of a lot of the later ones.)
C.) Bold the songs you like, italicize the ones you hate, and underline your favorite. Do nothing to the ones you don't remember or don't care about.
Top songs of 1995:
1. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
2. Waterfalls, TLC
3. Creep, TLC
4. Kiss From A Rose, Seal
5. On Bended Knee, Boyz II Men
6. Another Night, Real McCoy
7. Fantasy, Mariah Carey
8. Take A Bow, Madonna
9. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days), Monica
10. This Is How We Do It, Montell Jordan
11. I Know, Dionne Farris
12. Water Runs Dry, Boyz II Men
13. Freak Like Me, Adina Howard
14. Run-Around, Blues Traveler
15. I Can Love You Like That, All-4-One
16. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?, Bryan Adams
17. Always, Bon Jovi
18. Boombastic / In The Summertime, Shaggy
19. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Nicki French
20. You Gotta Be, Des'ree
21. You Are Not Alone, Michael Jackson
22. Hold My Hand, Hootie and The Blowfish
23. One More Chance-Stay With Me, Notorious B.I.G.
24. Here Comes The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze
25. Candy Rain, Soul For Real
My goodness, these songs are all terrbile! I don't remember a lot of them. No wonder I listened to the Pixies and the Cure, it's not that I was indie cool, it's just that everything popular sucked. I like Gangsta's Paradise because it reminds me of going to Bridget's with my fake I.D. freshman year of college. Run-Around is a good tune, but I don't like Blues Traveler. My younger sister and I went to a concert of theirs forever ago, and we left early because it was so BORING.