Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend Report

Friday- It was the last day in the lab for one of our rotation students, so we had a happy hour with food and beers after work. If you think that hanging around at work after hours drinking cheap beer with a bunch of scientists sounds like a lame way to spend a Friday night, well, then, I guess you think I'm pretty lame. I took a sobering long walk back to my apartment, then set up shop on the couch to read Harry Potter. At some point, I fell asleep, and woke up in the middle of the night, covered in sweat on my leather couch.

Saturday- My college friend Kori was in town with her fiance, whom I had never met before, so Lisa and I had dinner with them at the Palm. After a delicious dinner, we headed across the street for drinks at The Oak Bar, because apparently one fancy hotel bar wasn't enough for the night. After a very intense drunken discussion of illegal immigrants, Presidential candidates, and economic policy, I went home, started reading Harry Potter on the couch, and woke up in a ball of sweat at 4:30AM. Again.

Sunday- Finished reading Harry Potter (liked it, won't discuss as to avoid spoilers), then I met Kim, Mike, and Maya for breakfast at Flour. We walked around the South End outdoor market for a bit, and I've been at work since then, actually making some progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about our glorious trip to Bum Park? and Fancy Dog Park? I can't believe that it doesn't even get a mention!

Oh, and meals at 1 PM are usually considered "lunch"...

eileen said...

Hah! I'm trying to keep my local hangouts a secret. No, just kidding. In the South End, there are two parks separated by Washington Street. The park to the south tends to be a popular hangout for bums, whereas the park to the north is full of rich people walking their fancy breeds of dogs. It's gentrification, right before your very eyes! Although, apparently the bums wander across the street on weekends, because there were quite a few of them in Fancy Dog Park on Sunday.

Re: lunch. I did notice that you and Kim both had sandwiches, and not eggs. Strange...