Friday, November 11, 2005

Best little pub in the Massachusetts

Last night, I went to one of my favorite establishments in the Boston area, Matt Murphy's Pub in Brookline Village. It's a cozy little Irish place (well, Irish except for the Brazilian cooks), with small wooden tables that you end up sharing with strangers, whom, after a few pints, are likely to become friends. They have live music every night after 11:00, and the entertainment performs right in the midst of all the patrons. Thursday nightsfeatures a local jazz band, and amateur musicians are encouraged to bring their own instruments and join in. I wisely left my recorder at home. The highlight of the evening may have been when an intoxicated woman celebrating her 50-somethingeth birthday started hitting on my friend Juan Martin, much to the embarrassment of the assortment of relatives that were at her table.

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, happy Armistice Day everyone, and thanks to all the veterans out there, especially to my favorite veteran, my grandfather.

No comments: