Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Fire Marshall Eileen

Today I got to do something I've always wanted to do- spray a fire extinguisher. We had our annual safety training for my floor at work, and at the end of it, they asked for someone to volunteer to demonstrate how to use a fire extinguisher. Secretly, I really wanted to do it, but I didn't want to seem too eager (ooh, ooooh, pick me!), so I kept still until I realized that nobody was volunteering. And if there's one thing I cannot tolerate, it's a prolonged awkward silence. So I stepped up to the plate, pulled the pin, and put out the imaginary fire, saving my coworkers from certain imaginary death.

4 comments:

mj said...

you've come along way since your attempt to burn down PW.

eileen said...

Oh, I had almost forgotten about the infamous Burning Candle Incident of 1995! Weasel inferno.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to spray a fire extinguisher!

I'm very sorry for sending you those candles that time.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was my room too! :) I'm annoyed because I KNOW I have a picture of you holding up a charred shirt but I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Still looking...