Sunday, January 22, 2006

All work and no play...

...makes DCoE a dull blog. Sorry for the lack of entertaining tales; I'm feeling the post-holiday, post-vacation blahs, plus I have been working long hours in the lab lately, of which I will spare you the details, because, to be honest, I hate listening to other people talk about their jobs so I do my best not to talk about mine. Funny anecdotes about the workplace are acceptable, and I will make an exception for those people with truly exciting jobs (I once met a girl who is a lawyer, which normally sets of the "boring shop talk ahead" alarms in my head, but she deals in cases of stolen art and forgeries, so her work stories were captivating). In general, though, I don't want to hear about hedge funds or databases, and in return, I'll keep my mouth shut on the exciting world of bacterial toxins.
I'm also BROKE, which has also placed a huge damper on my social life, because my social life generally consists of me going out a bar and buying drinks, or me going to a concert, sporting event, or a movie, all of which come with a price of admission. Without money, my social life consists of me lying on the couch eating hot dogs and ramen and watching Law & Order reruns. Good times.
As for the title of this post, I always thought that the most terrifying part of The Shining was when you find out that all Jack has been typing for months is the same sentence, over and over. That's way scarier than the creepy twins or Jack with the axe or anything else, because in that scene you realize how completely nutso he's gone. While we're on the subject of The Shining, here it is, in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies.

No comments: