Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In the news

Two University of Michigan gradates won $5000 in a national beer pong tournament. If only there were a national cups tournament back when I was a senior in college; I coulda been a contender.

The woman who planted a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili and her husband, who provided said severed finger (although it wasn't his), were sentenced to 9 years in prison for their hoax. I think they totally deserved the stiff punishment; their scam cost Wendy's millions of dollars in lost revenue.


Check this out- instead of eating the fuzzy hamster that was provided as dinner, a ratsnake in a Tokyo Zoo befriended it, and the two have been BFFs ever since. Awww...

3 comments:

brigita said...

I'm starting to think that this whole snake-hampster, tortoise-hippo cross-species relationship trend is either some sneaky PR move on the part of the reptile/amphibian community to "cuten-up" their image.

Of course they've totally won me over...

eileen said...

Whatever the cause, I love it when different species are friends!

mj said...

I don't think this little story is going to end well. I think the snake is waiting for the hamster to get good and fat before he chomps down on him.