Monday, March 06, 2006

Frustration in procrastination nation

I have my annual departmental seminar and semi-annual thesis committee meeting a week from today, and by this Wednesday, I have to have my report and talk ready. The problem? Just that over the past six months I haven't managed to do half of the experiments that I was supposed to, because I'm a big, fat procrastinator. The result? Me being stuck in the lab all frickin weekend. I even had to turn down invitations to Newport and to the NCAA Big East tournament. Grumble....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks you had to turn down two fun invitations this weekend. As a fellow procrastinator, I feel your pain. Good luck preparing, you'll do great!

eileen said...

thanks! I've finally gotten past the phase of procrastination where I do all sorts of productive-but-not-a-priority things, like cleaning my desk, balancing my checkbook, etc., and actually started working on my presentation.

eileen said...

technically, I'm cultivating bacteria, not yeast (as far as I know) :)