Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eat Your Vegetables

Lately, my vegetable intake has been woefully inadequate, so I decided to rectify the situation by trying one of the recipes on Sarah's delightful cooking blog: Spaghetti Squash Primavera. The result? Yum!


A healthy meal that's tasty, filling, and easy to make, except for the part when you have to cut the squash in half. I don't know if I just don't have the proper knife, or if I lack Italian housewife strength, but after ten minutes of struggling with that squash, I was ready to grab a sledgehammer and go Gallagher on it. The recipe actually comes from Weight Watchers, so if you're a point counter, it's worth 4. Of course, I added some garlic bread and white wine, so that certainly bumped it up a bit.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

woohoo! I had a tough time with the squash too. A hacksaw would have really come in handy I think.

Suldog said...

Thanks so much for coming over to my place and taking a shot at the 10 (crummy) CDs. They may actually be made of vegetable matter (although I suspect petroleum products.)