Thursday, May 01, 2008

Excuse me, ma'am, your meme is showing.

Stacey tagged me for a meme. Here goes!

1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the rules about him or herself.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.

What I was doing ten years ago:
I was 20. Wow, that was ten years ago? I was in school and roommates with my friend Ern.
Sound familiar? Maybe because IT’S THE EXACT SAME THING I’M DOING NOW.

Five things on my To-Do list today:
1. Order 15% gels
2. Cut spots out of gels for mass spectrometry.
3. Measure A260 of ribosome samples.
4. Perform isoelectric focusing on new ribosome samples.
5. Titrate DNA template into an in vitro translation assay.
6. This is why I never blog about work.
7. I only accomplished two things on the list at I’m still at the lab and it’s 10:40PM.
8. That is why grad school takes so darn long.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Pay off my debts. Give money and/or extravagant gifts to friends and family. Send money to the family I lived with in Nicaragua. Trade in the used minivan for a new mini cooper. Travel the world. Buy a nice apartment in Boston. Buy a vacation house somewhere cool. Invest. Donate. Throw fabulous parties. Buy equipment and uniforms for all of the soccer teams in the women’s league that I played with in Nicaragua. Fund a school/orphanage for street kids in Managua. If the orphanage thing goes well, use the rest of the money to set up similar schools/orphanages in impoverished cities worldwide.

Three of my bad habits:
1. Procrastination!
2. Spending money I don’t have, and never will, unless that whole billionaire thing pans out.
3. Lugging all of my gym clothes and sneakers to work and then not going to the gym.

Five places I’ve lived:
1. Long Beach, CA. Just like Snoop Dogg, I was born there. But I was two when we moved so I don't remember anything about it.
2. Framingham, MA. The largest town in America!
3. South Bend, IN.
4. El Regadío, Nicaragua.
5. South Boston, MA.

I have lived in exactly five places, total.

Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Discovery Zone. I don’t know what my job title was, but I usually hid out in the back room making pizza and washing dishes and eating leftover birthday cake with my friend Nikki.
2. Waitress.
3. Dining hall worker.
4. Laboratory technician.
5. Peace Corps Volunteer.

Five books I’ve recently read:
1. Saturday, by Ian McEwan
2. Midnight’s Children, by Salman Rushdie.
3. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
4. Can I Keep My Jersey?, by Paul Shirley
5. A Model World and Other Stories, by Michael Chabon

Good thing I have a blog where I keep track of that sort of thing.

Five people or communities I’m going to tag:
I dislike tagging people, but I’m going to do it anyways. Feel free to ignore, and if I haven’t tagged you, feel free to participate.
1. Meg
2. Lisa
3. Jason
4. Rob
5. Maria (maybe it will inspire you to start posting again.)

3 comments:

To Be Announced said...

No one ever comments on Memes! (Then I feel dumb for doing them!) What were you doing in South Bend, IN? My friend was out in Nappannee for a while doing theater at Round Barn. We went out to visit her and the Amish! :)

Anonymous said...

Hahahah, I read this from the bottom up for some reason and laughed out loud about you still living w/Ern.

eileen said...

Thanks for commenting, Caity. Yeah, memes make me feel kinda lame, like I'm talking about myself too much.
Oh, I went to Notre Dame. There sure are a lot of Amish in the area!