Thursday, May 22, 2008

Those Texas polygamysts should be arrested...



...by the fashion police!
ZING!

I'm headed to Chicago today for a black tie optional wedding. Maybe one of these broads can lend me an outfit.


From what I've read, I'm on the side of the state of Texas on this case:
"The state made its case in an earlier court hearing. “There is a culture of young girls being pregnant by old men,” said Angie Voss, an investigator with Child Protective Services, who participated in the raid and interviewed girls at the ranch. Ms. Voss testified that she had found evidence that “more than 20 girls, some of whom are now adults, have conceived or given birth under the age of 16 or 17.”

Institutionalized abuse and coercion shouldn't be allowed to hide under the guise of religious freedom. Something tells me that these girls who grow up in a crazy cult compound aren't really exercising their own free will when they get and knocked up by old dudes.

Well, on that note, have a happy holiday weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have already thought about going as this for halloween, might less insulting than the "witch creek fire" of last year....