Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happiness is a new phone

I'm in love with two things right now.

The first is these guys:

Nice win tonight! Oh, and I came across this email. Okay, by "came across" I mean "fabricated," and I'm sure KG doesn't pay attention to what Debby Downer sportswriters have to say about him anyways, but if he did construct a response to two recent negative columns, I imagine that it would resemble something like this:



From: Kevin Garnett
To: Dan Shaughnessy
Cc: Bill Simmons

Hi guys,

Suck it.

KG


The second is my new phone.

It's orange! And it has a keypad! I'm in love. As an added bonus, the helpful Verizon salesgirl asked me where I worked. I thought she was just making small talk, but I answered and discovered that I have a corporate discount- 22% off my monthly bill, from this point forward. Hooray! So, if you haven't already, I'd recommend calling your service provider to find out if your workplace could be saving you some money.

11 comments:

Suldog said...

That WAS a fun game last night. Love the memo!

J.R. said...

wait... we work in the same place and i have verizon too. what is this corporate discount deal??

eileen said...

JR- call up and tell them you work at a lab that's part of the BMC. That should do the trick.

Anonymous said...

I have the same phone in silver. This is the 3rd time we've had the same phone.

eileen said...

Phone Twins 4-Life!

Anonymous said...

so whats your initial review? besides being awesome for being orange - how is it to use? can you hear well? I hate my phone b/c I can't hear people (an important aspect of a phone, no?)

KcM said...

I just noticed here at the start of Game 2 that the Celts come out to the "Requiem of a Dream" remix from The Two Towers trailer.

Uh, Frodo and the Fellowship were much, MUCH better on the road...

Anonymous said...

hey, i have verizon. can i tell them i work at bmc romotely--from SF??

-tina

Anonymous said...

DCOE strikes again!!! because of your blog, i've saved money!! i'm not sh*tting you. First, you wrote how you called your credit card company to lower your interest rate and they did. I did the same thing and saved a small chunk of change. Now this!!! E, you are brilliant! I checked to see if working at my current company (a small civil non-profit rights organization) would make me eligible for Verizon corporate discount. It does not. Then I checked to see if my BU email account is still active. It is not. Then I checked to see if my UCLA account is still active. AND IT IS (sorta'). So now you are going to save me 15% (or $8 a month!!). That's almost $100 a year in my pocket!! Then again, if only you had posted this blog earlier, you would have already saved me $100 since I've been a verizon customer. eh...

;)

eileen said...

Tina! That's great that you got a discount, too! I just learned about mine...wish I had known about it, oh, for the past five years.

Liz- I'm still getting used to the phone but so far I like it. It's a lot louder than my old phone (the Razr) so it's easier to hear, and according to my sister my Phone Voice needs to go down a notch. It doesn't feel as comfortable to hold when I'm talking, though. Maybe because my old phone was a flip phone and therefore longer and more like a traditional receiver?

Kevin- I had never the origin of the C's classical music. They could certainly use some road magic now!

KcM said...

Yeah, it premiered in the back half of this great TTT trailer, and is a more orchestrated version of the Clint Mansell's theme from Requiem for a Dream. (Ignore the Mads Mikkelsen strangeness.)

I also noticed the Cavs this season came out to the final battle music from Last of the Mohicans. So, it seems the NBA venue guys have excellent taste in movie soundtracks.

Sorry about Game 2.