Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fun covers for a rainy Thursday

Here's an Indian group doing a cover of the Beatles' I Want to Hold Your Hand, featuring a Mark Cuban look-alike and lyrics translated into the likes of "We also create false promises." Love it!

And here's something that it is so gawd-awful, it caused Bill Simmons (the Sports Guy on ESPN.com) to recalibrate his Unintentional Comedy Scale. It's William Shatner performing a spoken-word version of Elton John's Rocket Man. The cigarette? The superimposed Shatners? The fact that you can tell Shattner is taking himself seriously? PAINFUL! Yet, hilarious.

Still, nothing tops Hasselhoff's Hooked on a Feeling. Nothing.

5 comments:

Lisa Kate said...

Can I just comment that on American Idol's finale, I happened to tune in for the last 10 minutes, and what celebrity does the camera zoom in on in the audience? Hasselhoff. And he is crying with joy. Priceless.

Kevin said...

OMG! That is truly classic Shatner. Um, you forgot to mention the frilly shirt (btw, I actually saw someone at a bar wearing the Seinfeld pirate shirt last night!). Also, what about the Hitler salute that Shatner gives? That second Shatner shadowman scared the crap out of me. I'm still voting for the Hoff's video as #1 though.

Kevin said...

Oh, don't miss the Shatner rap also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yerCiByca4
Now, we all now Shat's lame, but what about all the other people in this vid? I hope they don't care about their street cred. And is it just me, or is that Cherie Blair in the video?

eileen said...

Wow, I just watched the Shatner rap. I had to memorize that exact same soliloquy for 10th grade English class.

Tricia said...

Belated thanks for the links. So funny!