Wednesday, June 14, 2006

To capri or not to capri

For a long time, I shunned capri pants. Like three-quarter sleeve shirts, they reminded me of all the times in my childhood that my clothes didn't fit (I was a gangly youth) and my mother tried to convince me otherwise. "No, your sleeves aren't too short, your wrists are supposed to be sticking out of them like that!" Even though I knew she was lying, there wasn't much I could do about it until I started buying my own clothes. I completely avoided the ankle-length pant trend. (Do you know any tall girl who wears them? Probably not, because we've all spent years avoiding the dreaded highwater look.) I finally succumbed to the capri trend and bought a pair of flowy black ones. But after looking at this website, I'm having second thoughts.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I shunned capris for years for exactly the opposite reason: afraid of looking too short and chunky. I finally broke down last summer, certain that no one would be wearing them once I bought a pair. Now I can't go back.

Lisa Kate said...

wow that guy REALLY hates capris. And a lot of other stuff too. Hate is such a strong word...

mj said...

Not a big fan of the ihatecapripant blog. This guy has some major issues.