Thursday, June 29, 2006

I have a confession to make

I have always considered the reading of sci-fi/fantasy novels to be something beyond my level of nerddom. I'm a nerd and all, but I'm not THAT much of a geek. However, I recently read all three books of His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman, and I loved them. Yes, a series of books that involve two child protagonists from different worlds, a knife that can cut openings from one world to another, gypsies, witches, armored bears, angels, an interworld war, and all sorts of physics and mystical stuff. I blame Carolina, who lent them to me, for this recent spike in my nerdiness. If I start trading Magic cards or attending battle reenactments, somebody please slap me.

P.S. A movie is in the works for the first book of the series: The Golden Compass. I'm very excited.

No comments: