Friday, June 09, 2006

Sporting news


The NBA finals are underway, with the Mavs beating the Heat in Game 1 last night. My pick? Shaq ain't the same dominant force he used to be. Mavs in 6.

Federer watch continues. The semi-finals in the French Open take place today, and tennis fans are hoping for a Federer-Nadal final. Meanwhile, Federer fans are hoping that his clothes fall off during a match.

And most importantly....the World Cup starts today! My pick? France and Brazil in the final, with Brazil winning it all. Even if you're not a soccer fan, get thee to a bar to watch some of the matches, preferably one packed with football-crazed foreigners. Since everyone else in my lab is on vacation, I'm going to heed my own advice and leave work early to catch the opening match between host Germany and Costa Rica. Wooot!

Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Nadal fan! Don't like Federer he complains too much!!!