Thursday, November 30, 2006

One movie that I won't be going to see

Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. Don't you think someone should tell the marketing team that they should consider downplaying Mel Gibson's connection to the film? I mean, there's a reason why the new Seinfeld DVDs aren't being touted as Michael Richards' Seinfeld Season 7. I prefer my anti-Semites ironic and over the top, even if they do destroy marriages.

Besides, the scabby-faced child with the freaky hissing voice in the trailer scares the piss out of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Mel Gibson is dead to me - but the marketing team may have the right idea. Anti-Semitism plays well - especially overseas.

Even if the average American movie-goer isn't anti-Semitic, I am betting they forget Mel Gibson's behavior as soon as the positive reviews come out. Apparently Jay Leno and Ellen DeGeneres have forgotten - Mel is booked for dates in the next week or so.

Jinxy said...

I'm just not interested in seeing naked people run around in the jungle.